leaked email addresses
When handing out an email address (websites, companies, clubs etc.), I usually choose a unique email address each. When receiving email spam, it is thus easy to tell which parties leak (sell?) customers' email addresses.
Despite repeated requests, none of the parties investigated the case credibly (they denied the fact or claimed they tried hard but didn't find a cause) nor did any provide a list of third parties that processed the data (pre-GDPR).
Spam email has been received for uniquely assignable email addresses handed out to the following parties.
Personalized spam email (first and last name):
- Verlag Der Tagesspiegel GmbH (2015)
- tonerpreis.de - MSK Bürotechnik Handels GmbH (2017)
- bohrerdiscount24.de - Rosenkranz / Spickhoff GbR (2015)
- KOKA 36 Konzertkasse e. K. (2015)
- hans-hats.de / home4u-shop.de - Temme GmbH (2015)
- Fabial (2014)
Not personalized spam email:
- Flexera used the contact details provided to RightScale after Flexera acquired RightScale (2019)